Sunday 19 February 2012

Holier Than Thou

Progress on the Night Lords continues apace- by which I mean that I'm more-or-less on course to have the first Tactical squad finished by the end of the month.

There's been a minor change in the plan- originally I was going to do two ten-model Tactical squads as the core of the army, but with the background of the Night Lords being all about the hit-and-run, plus the Forgeworld Assault models looking so good, I've decided to have two token five-model Tactical squads and to tailor the rest of the army towards getting up-close and personal. More jump troops and assault terminators.

Though I'm thus sixty percent through the first squad (three models done), I have no photos of them. This is because they're all still missing a shoulder pad. I'm still trying to decide if I can afford the expense of trying to source sculpted shoulder pads with the legion sigil on, or whether to use 'standard' pads with either transfers or attempted freehand work.

I did, however, feel guilty about not having any images to put up, so in honour of James Swallow's excellent Hammer & Anvil I dug out one of the old Adepta Sororitas models and had a play with the Order Of Our Martyred Lady colour scheme.


This model's still a work-in-progress- some more detail work and tidying up needs to be done, and I'm tempted to put a coat of gloss varnish over the armour to finish it off. I worked out that my bitz-box contains the better part of a thousand points of Adepta Sororitas (in various stages of painting), which originally I was going to try and flog. However, reading H&A has inspired me to keep them, repaint them and use them as a small allied force alongside my existing Imperial Guard. So there'll likely be more where this one's come from, once I've broken out the Nitromors again...

No comments:

Post a Comment