Sunday 8 January 2012

First Trials

Well, I decided to take the bit between my teeth today and get the first couple of test models done. So here we have the Night Lord:


...And the Iron Warrior:


I've discovered a few things from this:

  1. Yellow's a git to paint
  2. Getting a bridge digital camera to focus on such a small object so close to the lens is a pain in the posterior
  3. Close-up miniature photography shows off a ton of imperfections I didn't notice when painting, which when one is one's own worst critic isn't great
  4. Lightning's a sight easier to paint than I thought
  5. Come back 2nd Edition Citadel paints, we love you!

Of the two I personally prefer the Night Lord, but I still have to try doing an Ultramarine- watch this space. Despite my comments on yellow I'm also thinking of trying an Imperial Fist, because I've got a cunning idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment